- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 small onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 pound shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 1 pound squash, peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes, about 2-3 cups
- 1 13.5 can coconut milk
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1 bunch yard long beans, cut into 1 to 2-inch lengths
Heat vegetable oil in a pan over medium to high heat. Add garlic and stir fry until lightly browned. Add onions and stir fry until fragrant and soft. Add shrimp and stir fry until just cooked.
Add squash and coconut milk. Add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Bring to a boil, then simmer with the lid on, over low to medium heat, until squash is tender, about 10 minutes. Adjust taste with sea salt and black pepper.
Note: I add chopped green pepper for added zing to the taste. I love spicy food; this is optional.