- 1 large onion
- 2 medium carrots, peel and sliced into cubes
- 2 large potatoes, cut into 1/2″ chunks
- 1lb stew-meat beef chunks
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon fresh celery
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 cups beef stock
- pepper to taste
- 1 can tomatoes stew
- 1 small pack of tomato paste
- Put all the ingredients into the slow cooker and stir to combine.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours or high for 4-5 until the beef is tender and potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir the stew once or twice as it cooks if possible.
- Serve hot